I am a Christian, a photographer, and an IT manager. I am married to the most amazing woman, and blessed to be the father of an amazing son. I love photography, computers and spending time with my family. Be sure to visit my other site: www.AustinSports.net.
Let me explain what I mean by, “I am a Christian”. You aren’t born Christian. You aren’t Christian by default, because you grew up in a Christian home, or you think you’re a good person. It’s not about anything we do, but all about what God did for us. Being Christian is something you have to decide for yourself.
I decided to follow Jesus when I started college. While attending some meetings sponsored by Campus Crusade for Christ (now CRU), I heard the gospel message for the first time. Well, at least it was the first time I was open to hearing and understanding the message, and the message was presented in a way that made sense to me. You aren’t a Christian by attending or being a member of any particular church, much like standing in a garage doesn’t make you a car. In the bible, in John 1:12, it says, “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name”.
That was in 1979, and today I’m still following Jesus. I’m not perfect, but He is working in my life! My goal is to serve Him, and please Him with my life everyday, and to serve others in His name. If we ever meet, ask me about my story – it’s an absolutely amazing story of God’s love and provision for me, even when I didn’t really care at all about Him.
This is what I learned that night in 1979:
- God Loves us (John 3:16)
- God really has a plan for us (John 10:10)
- We are sinful and imperfect (Romans 3:23)
- Because of our sin and rebellion against God, we are separated from God (Romans 6:23)
- Jesus Christ is God’s perfect provision for our sin and separation from Him. God reached out to me (and everyone) by sending His son, Jesus to live and die for us. To be the perfect sacrifice for our sin. (Romans 5:8, 1 Corinthians 15:3-6, John 14:6)
- It’s not good enough to just know this information. We need to pray and ask for forgiveness, we need to repent, we need to understand we can’t be good enough on our own. We have to want to live for Him, and we need to accept, or receive the gift God gave us. His gift requires action on our part. We have to receive it. Because God’s love is perfect, He doesn’t force this on anyone, He waits for us, He allows us to decide whether we will accept the gift or not. (John 1:12, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 3:1-8, Revelation 3:20)
If you have questions about this, there are people waiting to answer your questions. Just call 1-888-NEED-HIM or visit http://www.NeedHim.org
Other good resources: How to know God Personally, http://cru.org/, http://www.navigators.org/us/, http://www.4laws.com/laws/languages.html, http://www.iamsecond.com, http://www.imetmessiah.com/
http://www.180movie.com, God vs. Evolution, Who Will Inherit the Kingdom of God? PeaceWithGod.net